Friday, February 8, 2013

Lots of exlamation points and CAPITAL LETTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!



      Last weekend was really fun! On Saturday we went to visit a friend’s house. My Dad met two other foreign Dads at Itaewon a couple of months ago and last Saturday we finally had dinner with them. The house belonged to an American family. I am not sure why they are in Korea, but they have two daughters around my little sister’s age and they have a Nanny from England named Grace. She is in her young 20’s. The other family that came is from England and Korea. The Mom is Korean and the Dad is from England. The daughter speaks both Korean and English fluently! Kari made friends with ALL of them so they are going to go back!
They made us Korean ShabuShabu from AMERICAN chicken broth! How crazy?! My Mom was so excited to learn that we can continue to eat this in the USA though.
Here is how you make ShabuShabu (so you can get an idea of what it is):
1.     You have a bowl on a burner and you put in the broth (in this case it was Chicken Broth).
2.     Then after it heats you put in a TON of vegetable’s and meats and let it cook with the soup.
3.     Then you eat? LOL
This is SORT OF how it is done~ It tastes REALLY good and is one of our favorites! J I can’t wait to cook it for you AMERICANS out there, if I ever get back to Florida! J No pictures this time! I didn’t have the camera with me when they were making it! Sorry guys!!!!!
On Sunday at 2:30, we met with our friend Sue and Annie (I’ll explain about them at the bottom of this post). Sue took us all to discover a new English church service in Seobbingo (place). The church is called OEM or Onnuri (SPELLING?) English Ministry! It was REALLY good. They talked about some pretty serious stuff that week. It was crazy. I might start taking a Korean class on Saturdays there with the rest of my family. How cool! After church we were walking back to the Subway and we find this little foreign store with foreign products!!!!!!! It was great! We got some Dr. Pepper and Root Beer! Guess what else they had?! LUCKY CHARMS!!!! And Kari got some Cheetos and we all got an Almond Joy. It was like…. H-E-A-V-E-N!!!!! I was so amazed at all the American stuff! <3 I might have to buy myself a box of lucky charms next time! OH! And they had POP TARTS. Can you believe that? POP TARTS!!!!!!!! It was… absolutely…. GREAT! In that shop, there was a lady called Holli (with an I (so cool)). She was amazed at all the American stuff too and anyway we started talking to her and stuff and then we decided to invite her to come to dinner with us in Itaewon. Itaewon is the foreign capital of Seoul. There are so many kinds of restaurants! It is amazing! We headed to the subway, but we decided to just take a taxi! There were a lot of us, so the first group got a taxi, but then me, my dad, sister and Annie waited for another one! It took forever! EVERY SINGLE TAXI WAS FULL OR RESERVED!!!! We FINALLY decided to take a bus, whenever I noticed that, in Korean, it said Itaewon on it. We ended up eating at the only Taco Bell in Korea. It was fun! We got home late, and had a nice sleep!



_________________________________
By the way! I am going to start a VLOG along with the BLOG since a lot of people liked that idea. I have to figure out some editing stuff and find some time and then I will officially start it~~~~ ^-^ ^0^ ~ Whoooooo~!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment